You forget. You forget the rituals around audaxing.
- You forget that you shouldn't rely on just one alarm clock.
- You forget that putting the bike flat in the car with the full water bottle in the cage is bad news.
- You forget that you need a pencil or pen with you.
- You forget that the right hand side pocket is where you should always put your camera.
- You forget that the light brackets are where the winter mudguards should go.
- You forget that taking a change of clothes for after the ride is a good idea.
But you don't forget that audax riding is just brilliant.
- You don't forget the warm welcome you'll get when entering the HQ hall.
- You don't forget the wonderful landscapes in Britain.
- You don't forget that the organisers work out the best route possible.
- You don't forget that there will be talk about LEL.
- You don't forget that the brevet card must be signed at the end.
- You don't forget that great feeling when you get home.
- You don't forget to enter the next ride
Photos of the ride: MyPhotos